Acacia honey is undoubtedly the best known and loved among Italian honeys. It is appreciated above all for its light, almost transparent colour, for its very sweet and sugary flavor and for the fact that it remains naturally liquid forever.
Our acacia honey is produced in the Tuscan hills. The plant grows luxuriantly and in the month of May it is covered with highly scented white flowers from which a precious nectar flows which the bees collect with great greed and transform into excellent honey.
Therapeutic properties and benefits of acacia honey:
- It is a natural product that does not need any preservatives
- It has a high sweetening and energetic power
- It is immediately assimilable because it is made up of simple sugars such as glucose and fructose, in different percentages, depending on the flowers from which it comes
- It is easy to digest and also provides proteins, vitamins, mineral salts and amino acids
Each type of honey is indicated for some specific treatments. For example, for coughs, eucalyptus honey, for blood circulation, chestnut honey, and so on...
What characterizes acacia honey, in addition to its success due to the fact that it does not crystallize and the sweetness that conquers everyone, even those who are not very greedy, are two very important properties that should be underlined once again:
- We all know that those suffering from diabetes cannot consume sugar. Acacia honey is the only type of honey also suitable for mild diabetics, because in percentage terms in the composition it is the one that contains the most fructose, which can be assimilated by the body without having to resort to insulin.
- It is the only type of honey that pediatricians also recommend for infants under 12 months of age, as a sweetener for cow's milk.
Acacia honey is the sweetener par excellence. It can be used with cheeses such as fresh goat's ricotta, cow's milk ricotta, mascarpone and blue cheeses.
Also excellent with yogurt. Due to its extreme digestibility it is the most suitable honey for children.